Decision today from state Supreme Court
The state Supreme Court released its latest decision today in my case.
It was a 5 to 4 decision. Once again, and for the 7th time in 7 court rounds, it was in my favor.
This time the state Supreme Court set guidelines for future decisions, and set the amount of the fine in my case - at $45 per day. That daily penalty, multiplied by the number of days and number of documents withheld, amounted to a penalty of about $371,000.
Still, I never received all the documents I requested in 1997.
Link to majority opinion:
http://www.courts.wa.gov/opinions/index.cfm?fa=opinions.showOpinion&filename=800812MAJ
Link to minority (dissenting) opinion:
http://www.courts.wa.gov/opinions/index.cfm?fa=opinions.showOpinion&filename=800812Di1
These links may only be good for two weeks from today, and if I fail to update them in a timely manner, please search at www.courts.wa.gov and look for a decision in Yousoufian vs. Sims, or the case number 80081-2, for today's date.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home